COVID-19 has changed the world, but that doesn’t mean we’ll let it stop us! Our annual walk will look a little bit different this year. As we’re not allowed to come together in person, we invite everyone to come together virtually for NAMIWalks Weekend on 20th June 2020. A virtual walk is a real walk, but on your own terms: You get to choose your own course, what time you start, and who walks next to you.
From 9:00 AM on Saturday, June 20th until 9:00 PM on Sunday, June 21st, we invite the public to get out and take a walk. We’ll be getting things started each morning with a welcome from our NAMI Greenville board members at 9:00 AM and a quick warmup at 10:30 AM, and then it’s time to get moving! Be sure to get creative – we are offering prizes to walkers in the most creative locations!
Entry to the walk is completely free. Record your 5k on your phone, Fitbit or tracking app, take a screenshot, and send it in with your best post-walk selfie to be featured on our website and social media pages!
To register for this event, visit www.namiwalks.org/upstatesouthcarolina or click on the button below.
NAMI is a charity: it is our goal to offer support to those with mental illness and their families and to reduce the stigma that surrounds mental illness. We cannot continue to offer that support without yearly donations.
While entry to NAMIWalks is completely free, we ask our walk participants to fundraise on behalf of our mission. The most successful fundraisers will be entered to win a host of fantastic prizes. Everything from $1 to $1,000 helps!
Here’s a sneak peak at some of the categories for awards we’ll be distributing:
- Runway Award: for the best dressed walkers
- The Walk That’s Farthest Away: for walks outside of Greenville around the world
- The Early Bird Award: for the earliest walk
- The Night Owl Award: for the latest walk
- Best Post-Walk Snack Award
- The Best View Award: for the walkers who take a photo of the best view
- The Most Post Likes Award: for the walker who gets the most post likes on Instagram
- The Most Post Shares Award: for the walker who gets the most post shares on Facebook
- Where to find your fundraising and team page links
- Social media guide for participants
- Sample Facebook posts about your participation in the walk can be found here
- Creative fundraising ideas can be found here
- Sample NAMIWalks participant messages-
- Steps to fundraise for a walk: